RE: [K12OSN] cost savings of Linux relative to M$ School LicenseAgreement

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND -

Microsoft volume licenses are only for computers that already have Windows
installed - i.e. - a valid copy of Windows.

So, in order to have a computer that participates in these volume
licensing programs, they must already have a legal copy of Windows on
them.  You can add that price onto the price of each new PC.

Second, it means you CANNOT take donation machines without fully verifying
that the licensing is done properly.  You have to get ALL of the
Licenses/Seals for any donated computer, or it doesn't take part of your
volume licensing.

They may have changed this, but read the license REALLY carefully.  If
they don't give you the full text of the license, don't even consider
doing anything with them.

Jon