Re: [ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] cost savings of Linux relative to M$School License Agreement

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:06:30PM -0500, Thomas E. Haynes wrote:
> Caleb...
>
> I'll take a look and appreciate the link.
>
> Blackbaud is a money pit, and it is a money pit that requires Microsoft.

All too often that appears to be the idea of proprietary
software. Vendor's pit, your money.

> People are comfortable with what they know, but there comes a point...

But if the office suite, even operating system needs
to be repeatedly updated to be able to continue to
run a proprietary app (who's user interface may not
stay the same between versions) how can they get to
know anything in the first place?

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE High School