Re: [K12OSN] Off Topic: angled server

> Howdy folks
>
> A short post to ask if anybody knows of an article or guide showing
> why servers should be horizontally or vertically mounted, not angled.
> Esthetics aside, seems like the laws of physics covering spinning
> objects would apply to a 15 degree tilt that one of the district
> techies says won't affect a rack mounted server of mine...

The last rackmount server I bought came with specific instructions not to
mount the server at an angle. It didn't say exactly why, but you can
imagine the extra wear and tear on the harddrives. Ever move a harddrive
around while it's running and feel it move all weird? :-)

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator