Re: [ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] cost savings of Linux relative to M$School License Agreement

> Has anyone used a program called pGina for windows logins
> (www.xpasystems.com)? I was thinking of using it in conjunction with samba
> and NIS. I would appreciate any advice or hints if other people have faced
> this task.

"pGina is a GPL'd replacement for the authentication portion of Windows
2000/XP. Why replace that portion of the OS? Because we hate not having
choices. So pGina uses plugins to achieve user authentication via ANY
number of means."

A REPLACEMENT?!?! My GAWD man! Why haven't I heard of this?!?!

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator