Re: [ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] cost savings of Linux relative to M$School License Agreement

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 08:37:30AM -0500, cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:
> >> Umm, maybe I'm missing something but why don't you just change the
> >> default so that OO saves in MS format by default?  It's what I've done
> >> for the folks that I've set up with OO.  I figured it was easier than
> >> explaining to them the need to convert when they want to share files.
> >
> > Okay I'll bite, so I wanna do this for all the users, whats the option and
> > in which file do I change it /etc/openoffice/?
> >
> > Martin Stevens
>
> I don't know if this was directed to me originally, but nonetheless it
> still applies to me. How can I do this in windows? And is there a modified
> OO package I can download? I hate having to install a suite on a machine
> and then go in and modify stuff.

Using the Word-like menu structure to change the default file format:
Tools\Options\Load-Save\General\Standard file format\. Here choose
Document Type: Text Document and Always save as: Microsoft Word
97/2000/XP.  OOo will warn you that losing some formatting is possible
when using complex OOo features.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz kinz org
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an