[K12OSN] Jammin 125 screen blanking

Hello,

I know people have asked in the past about blanking the screen on a
Jammin 125.  Jim McQuillan happened to bump into Keith Packard (xfree86
guru) and Keith suggested turning on DPMS -- how simple.  Well low and
behold it worked!

Here is a quick review of what I did.

Open /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.setupx in your favorite editor.

Search for the following section of code:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "My Monitor"
        VendorName      "Unknown"
        ModelName       "Unknown"
        HorizSync       ${X_HORZSYNC}
        VertRefresh     ${X_VERTREFRESH}
EOF

Add the following line between "VertRefresh" and "EOF"

	Option		"DPMS"

When you are finished it should look like this:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "My Monitor"
        VendorName      "Unknown"
        ModelName       "Unknown"
        HorizSync       ${X_HORZSYNC}
        VertRefresh     ${X_VERTREFRESH}
        Option          "DPMS"
EOF

Save your changes.

Power cycle the workstation and wait 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes of
inactivity your monitor should go into power save mode.  There is a more
information about DPMS settings at this site:

http://barriebremner.com/xfreedpms.html

Changing rc.setupx in this manner will turn on DPMS for all your LTSP
clients.  I'm sure Jim will release an updated ltsp_core with an option
to turn on dpms vi lts.conf, but I thought I would share this quick hack
with everyone -- it made my day!

Regards,

--
Erick S. Tyack
Acurrus Consulting, LLC                        Email: etyack acurrus com