Re: [ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] cost savings of Linux relative to M$SchoolLicense Agreement

Short answer - For LTSP served thin clients: Yes;  for stand alone
installations: Dunno!

Long answer - When I've installed OO (apart from the K12LTSP
installation) it has been on stand alone machines running Windows and I
configured it manually after installation.  That said with the K12LTSP
installation I changed the default as described below (as root) and for
all other users (including new ones) the new defaults held.  As far as
the standalone installations, I suspect there may not be any modified
packages around but if one could establish exactly which file changes as
a result of the configuration change it may be possible to swap it out
for a modified one post installation, an extra step, I know, but perhaps
not as onerous as opening up OO and drilling down for each application.

- gustav