Re: [K12OSN] MSCLinux (OT)

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:12:19PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi all folks,
>
> Has any folk on the list tried MSCLinux.  How is its performance
> compared to other distro.
>
> Thanks

  I haven't tried in quite a while, but it's basically derived from Red Hat
(6.2 when I tried it).  But keep in mind it is an extremely targeted
distribution for MSC's FEA (Mechanical Engineering) products, so it's
unlikely to be kept up to date with the latest and greatest stuff or
have all the latest wiz-bang features people are used to in a Linux
distribution.  I could be wrong, though.
  [Side note: I used to work for MSC *before* they had an *entire* *dedicated*
   Linux division.  Figures, that they do it *after* I leave after all the
   Linux evangelizing I did while there.  The upside is that maybe I had
   an impact on them finally porting and supporting their products on
   Linux. :-)]

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator