Re: Catch 22 of M$ Bulk license ... was ... RE: [K12OSN] cost savings...

I didn't think the molp license was tied to the hardware.

Bert Rolston wrote:

Hi folks,

Here is something to think about.

You need a certain number of valid M$ licenses to qualify for their bulk
program (was OLP / MOLP / Select and various other names).

So what happens when you sell the hardware?

You need proof that you had the correct number of licenses initially.
Therefore the normal practice would be to hold onto the license / CoA.

But hold on! The license is linked to the hardware.

Does this mean that once the original licenses are passed on to another
party that the bulk license plan is invalid?

No proof of initial license quota, therefore how can the organisation
qualify for the bulk plan?

Ooooooppppppssssssss!

Endless loop.

Just my 2c worth