Re: [K12OSN] JavaVM using all CPU

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julius Szelagiewicz" <julius turtle com>
To: <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] JavaVM using all CPU

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jack wrote:
> > My wife has found a game on Yahoo.com called "Bookworm."  She wants
her
> > students to use it next year.  Since we have a similar LTSP setup at
home I
> > can see that just with the 2 of us sharing our LTSP 31 server she is
using
> > 98% of the CPU.   This is with Java1.4.  Is there anyway for me to
knock this
> > down?  I can always tell when she is playing  because everything
gets a bit
> > sluggish.  20 students playing at the same time just would not work.
> >
> > Our server is a 1.4 Athlon with 512mb DDR.  Any suggestions?

Yahoo's site --
http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/bw.html
    "Note: Bookworm is not compatible with Unix or Macintosh computers."

Remember that  Micorosoft is either not willing or not able to implement
standards compliant  Java Virtual Machine  -- They use the embrace and
extend model --
The bookworm programmer probably used Microsoft Java ...

dl