Re: Catch 22 of M$ Bulk license ... was ... RE: [K12OSN] costsavings...

Hi Tim,

THe MOLP isn't tied to the hardwarwe.

BUT, to qualify for molp we needed a certain number of legal licenses in
each product pool to go over the threshold ie. 50 DOS and 50 Win3.11 for
the O/S pool.

SOooo....

If we purchased 50 machines with WIN98 installed and therefore linked to
the machine.....

THEN.......
Got a bulk license to go up to 100 machines (planning for growth /
legitimising the illegal copies installed).

AND SOLD the orignainl 50 machines in 18 months

Where do the 50 original WIN98 licenses belong, with the machines OR
with the organisation?

The licenses are supposedly linked to the hardware, BUT to prove
eligibility for MOLP we need proof of the original 50 WIN98 licenses.

What happens when MS carries out a software audit?

OOOPPPSSS!

Food for thought.

Cheers,
Bert