Re: [K12OSN] Using Samba for backups and other things

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 05:21, Henning Petersen Wangerin wrote:

> > locally. (This can also be used to keep viruses from wiping out the
> > whole thing...allowing harm only to the user's files...something to
> > think about.
>
> Yeah, but is there any difference in the chance files beeing deleted
> when comparing z:\ to c:\bla\bla\ to MyDocuments - I dout, but have no
> facts on hand.

    Well, what I meant was like we used in Chicago; everyone had
connection to one "/shares" directory.  Then one guy got a virus, the
one that wipes out all mp3's everywhere.  Because they were all
read-only, he lost ALL his mp3's, but the server was saved.

    But work it out any way you like; if each user has their own
password, (user authentication) that's even better!
ICQ  5119262