[K12OSN] OpenOffice in our W2K Lab - installation confusion

I want to include OpenOffice in our business lab (Windows 2000 Pro) as part of a unit the teacher wants to do using OpenSource. I'm glad he is interested and I want to help but there is a difficulty I don't know how to solve.

Apparently, for W2K, a portion of OpenOffice needs to be installed uniquely for each user. So far as I can tell, there is no way to install it for everyone like many other apps. According to what I've read, for each and every new user, they will have to:
-open a command line and run setup.exe with a the "-net" switch added
-once the installer begins, they'll need to change the workstation's default directory to the user's "My Documents" folder.

This isn't an issue if the machine is used by just one user - but with multiple users, they each need to have an instance of some of the files (not the whole thing thanfully!).

Is there a way to automate that? Or is there something else that could be done? If I can't solve this, I don't think it's going to be very feasible to do in our lab... and I'd really like to expose the kids to OSS for productivity tools! Someone MUST have come across this and solved it, right? Is there a trick out there I need to learn? Your help or advice is appreciated!

Dan Bentson-Royal
La Center Schools