[K12OSN] Audio capturing software

Hi folks,

I've had a look at the standard software included with Linux.

Nothing really suitable, 'cause I can't specify the recording source.

I want to capture audio to HDD from the audio input on my sound card and
save as MP3.

I had to search for suitable software to use in Window$.

Does anyone know of a suitable program available for Linux?

Thanks,
Bert