Re: [K12OSN] LDAP vs NIS

> My professional opinion is that unless the users around your system are
> extremely unsophisticated, you should stay away from NIS.

1.) My users are _extremely_ unsophisticated :-)

2.) I wasn't thinking about the portmapper security nightmares. Riddle me
this batman: What if I run the server with a static nat number behind a
firewall....no Real IP. On top of that.....set my local iptables firewall
on that particular server to only allow MY ip range access to those ports?
Would that work? Or is there another security issue altogether that I'm
missing? Thanks for the info.

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator