Re: [K12OSN] LDAP vs NIS

>    Yeah, this is the prototypical situation; the only real problem you'd
> have would be the internel hackers...it should be pretty good.

Unless someone can come up with some other reasons not too, I'm going to
try to play with NIS next week. As far as internal hackers.....I would say
I won't have that problem here but its of course never wise to
underestimate. All the student machine traffic goes through that firewall.
Hmm I'm curious now......that firewall has Snort IDS running. I wonder if
it detects something coming from the internal network rather than just the
outside world.

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator