Re: [K12OSN] rsync K12LTSP against RH9?

UPRADING from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1

This reply is a bit late for this thread, but not for me.

I am currently rsync'ing for the first time, after renaming the 3.1.0 ISO to 3.1.1 and even noticing the minor name change to the source and extra's CD.

It appears the whole first ISO is being downloaded a roughly 260kB/s, one of the fastest figures I've seen yet (I just moved near a CO and enjoy the better DSL bandwidth)

I though that only the newest part of the iso would be downloaded, not the whole thing. I confirmed the MD5 fingerprints before starting, and they matched. What is happening?

The third ISO is going at 970+kB/s! Does that mean it is only comparing and not transferring data?

If anyone can be of some assistance to a newbie rsync'er, I'd be grateful!

Thank you!

John Q. Public