Re: [K12OSN] VIA sound and K12LTSP

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, David Trask wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>I have a thin-client with a VIA motherboard (VIA EPIA-800 Motherboard, VIA
>PLE133 Chipset)  with Integrated AC97 audio ....I'm having the VIA sound
>problem...you know, the annoying smoke alarm like beep that goes on until
>you execute a sound event.  Has anyone found a way around this?

No, I don't have that problem with any of the VIA's I have access to.

There is a new LTSP kernel available, I plan on packaging it up this
weekend.

Another thought is to add a small sound event to the login process.
Something like appending "play /usr/local/etc/small_and_quiet.wav" to
the end of /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh

-Eric