Re: [K12OSN] LDAP question #1

cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:

Although that is the dn of my web server and I'm implementing this on my
samba server. The two are unrelated right? Only for organizational
purposes?
<<

The dn is the Distinguished Name of the organization. At a guess that would
be dc=dsc,dc=k12,dc=ar,dc=us. If required, you can have ou's
(Organizational Units) within the org. At least, that's how I understand
it. Here's a link to a good, free, book in PDF form:

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/9445fa5b416f6e32852569ae006bb65f/912ecdc5d22172a68625662800797758?OpenDocument

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]