Re: [K12OSN] CHANGELOG, updating/upgrading to 3.1.1, using installer or apt-get?

--- John Q Public <john_q_public sbcglobal net> wrote:

> Dear Eric and fellow K12LTSP pioneers,
>
> Thank you all for your generous work!  I am benefitting a lot from your
> goodwill.
>
> Eric, I suggest you make a CHANGELOG available, or more easy to find,
> for those interested in version changes.  I just looked through the
> downloads.htmlchangel and the FTP site for this information without
> success.
>
> I have a nearly virgin 3.1.0 server and recently found the 3.1.1
> upgrade.  Is it better to run the upgrade from the installer/boot disc,
> or is it better to run apt-get to upgrade packages?
>
> What s the difference between rsync'ing the updates and using apt-get?
>
> Thank you for your patience for a newbie rsync'er and apt-get'er.
>

> All the best,
>
> John Q. Public

Definitely apt-get, IMO.

1. apt-get update
2. apt-get dist-upgrade

Worked beautifully when I went from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1...

You might want to comment out the freshrpms.net and/or fedora.us options in
the /etc/apt/sources.list before doing the upgrade though...

James Jensen