Re: [K12OSN] VIA sound and K12LTSP

--- David Trask <dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have a thin-client with a VIA motherboard (VIA EPIA-800 Motherboard,
> VIA
> PLE133 Chipset)  with Integrated AC97 audio ....I'm having the VIA sound
> problem...you know, the annoying smoke alarm like beep that goes on until
> you execute a sound event.  Has anyone found a way around this?

I know that awful noise.  Never could get it to stop upon booting (AC97
works perfectly under Knoppix though, but I wasn't able to track down why
or where the difference lie).  However, there was a way to get it to stop
after the client booted.  I think by playing an audio file if I recall.
Once the audio file was done, the noise was gone.

Something to look into again...

James Jensen