Re: [K12OSN] LDAP question #1

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:

> Ok. "All authentication objects (users and groups) will be stored on an
> OpenLDAP server, using the base DN: dc=IDEALX,dc=ORG,"
>
> Just like the website..Idealx.org (yeah I figured it out ALL by
> myself....shutup) So do I really have to have something that can resolve
> in DNS? I can't use static nat? Or can I just make something up. Or are
> these just organizational figures?

Remember you can use a private DNS, too. My internal domains tend to end
in .private just so they don't leak.  You can use ldap internally, then
if you ever get the registered domain and want to use it externally, set
a tree on the outside, too.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE                                jim rossberry com
http://www.rossberry.com