[K12OSN] Re: OS X w/ Linux Servers and Home Directories

Dear Luke,

I don't have any direct experience with this because I'm not as far along in my move towards centralized management for all, but here's a tidbit I heard a few months ago that may help you out. Of course, I haven't had a chance to verify it :-(

When you are trying to get an NFS share to mount (for example shared out from an OS X server and mounted on a linux box) it is important that your users have the same UID's on both boxes.

So, try making giving an OS X user the same UID as they have on the linux box and see if that makes its work.

Good luck,
Jimmy Schwankl