From: "Julius Szelagiewicz" <julius turtle com>
To: <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] JavaVM using all CPU

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jack wrote:

My wife has found a game on Yahoo.com called "Bookworm." She wants

her

students to use it next year. Since we have a similar LTSP setup at

home I

can see that just with the 2 of us sharing our LTSP 31 server she is

using

98% of the CPU. This is with Java1.4. Is there anyway for me to

knock this

down? I can always tell when she is playing because everything

gets a bit

sluggish. 20 students playing at the same time just would not work.

Our server is a 1.4 Athlon with 512mb DDR. Any suggestions?

Yahoo's site --
http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/bw.html
    "Note: Bookworm is not compatible with Unix or Macintosh computers."

Remember that  Micorosoft is either not willing or not able to implement
standards compliant  Java Virtual Machine  -- They use the embrace and
extend model --
The bookworm programmer probably used Microsoft Java ...

dl