Re: [K12OSN] DOH! Samba 3/LDAP

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:

>Ok let's say I get us moved over to LDAP this summer. We're using Samba
>2.2.8a. When we switch to 3 how much of a headache will this be? And how
>much of a headache will it be with LDAP?

If you are using the ldap_compat mode, it is not too tough at all.

The only gotcha I saw was that in 2.2.8a you had to have a rid and
primarygroupid set, but it didn't really seem to matter what you had
them set to. In samba 3.0 using ldap_compat, rid needs to be
uidnumber * 2 + 1000 and primarygroupid needs to be gidnumber * 2 + 1001

-Eric