Re: [K12OSN] DOH! Samba 3/LDAP

Ben Nickell wrote:

Eric Harrison wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:

Ok let's say I get us moved over to LDAP this summer. We're using Samba
2.2.8a. When we switch to 3 how much of a headache will this be? And how
much of a headache will it be with LDAP?

If you are using the ldap_compat mode, it is not too tough at all.

Just to get this straight. If I am setting up a samba 2.2.x/ldap now, with plans to eventually go to samba 3.0, I should be using ldap_compat mode?

-Ben

-Eric