[K12OSN] Snapshot backups with rsync

I came across a very slick site yesterday on creating snapshot backups with rsync. Extremely slick stuff, using some techniques I hadn't considered (particularly the trick of using 'cp -al' to copy the current backup to the next in line).

I'm guessing some of you will find the site useful as well.

http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator