Re: [K12OSN] Remote Power On - Off

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 13:28, Mark Ehle wrote:
> Hello, Folks -
>
> I want to totally automate my K12LTSP installation to the point that the
> server turns on the terminals in the morning, and off at night.
>
> I found this page, http://www.scyld.com/expert/wake-on-lan.html, that makes
> the wake-up part pretty simple. It's really cool to see the terminals all
> come on at once!
>
> I have yet to find a similar utility for powering down the terminals.
>
> Is there anything out there for turning them off?

    Yeah, that's the home of Donald Becker; (Not to be confused with
Walter Becker, of Steely Dan fame). This guy's written something like
10,000 network card drivers.

    As to the power-off...how about all that DPMS stuff?  Seems like I
remember something about an 'autosleep' kinda thing.  Sounds like
something that would work well on a crontab, ya know?

ICQ  5119262