Re: [K12OSN] OS X w/ Linux Servers and Home Directories

You need the share to be automounted. Set this up in the ldap directory.
Then it will show up under Network/Servers/ServerName/Sharename

This took me a longtime to figure out... So add this to you ldap directory
but make the changes for your installation ;)

dn:cn=tbserver.newberg.k12.or.us:/data/students,ou=Mounts,dc=newberg,dc=k12,
dc=or,dc=us
cn: tbserver.newberg.k12.or.us:/data/students
objectClass: mount
mountDirectory: /Network/Servers
mountDumpFrequency: 1
mountPassNo: 1
mountType: nfs
mountOption: net

(watch the email wrapping on that)

Make sure you can auth against the ldap server on the client machine.. This
tells you its talking to the ldap server with no problem.

Then you need to shut the client down (not a restart) and then start it up.
Once booted it should be listed under Network/Servers/

Check out www.macosxlabs.org for some somewhat useful information.

Good Luck
Jamie