[K12OSN] rstatd keeps dying

All of the sudden rstatd on one of my servers keeps dying whenever called by rup, whether from localhost or from a remote host doesn't seem to matter. Seems to me the last time I ran into this the only cure was a reboot.

Google yields nothing of consequence (yet).

No errors the logs, just the following.

[root esc /etc]# rup -l esc
rup: esc: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

I would *really* like to avoid a re-boot if possible.

any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Jeff

Jefferson K. Davis Technology and Information Systems Manager Standard School District 1200 North Chester Ave Bakersfield, CA 93308 USA 661-392-2110 ext 120