[K12OSN] Windows 2000 Server to Linux Migration

Dear colleagues,

Perhaps some of you may be of assistance. I am trying to find a decent
resource for a partial migration from Windows2000 Server to more
open-source platforms and programs.

There are a number of reasons for our switch, the primary one being the
ridiculous licensing fees for many things. I only say a partial
migration because at this point I am extremely comfortable with
Windows2000 Server, and plan to keep the Exchange Server 2000 in place,
as the entire staff is comfortable with Outlook and the groupware as-is.

My main plans are to utilize Red Hat 9, Apache, Sendmail (for tech staff
only), MySQL, and PHP4. Can anyone think of any good true beginner
resources, or resources for a switch from WindowsNT/2000 or Novell to
Linux?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nick
--
Nicholas Santiago
Coordinator of Network and Communications Technologies