Re: [K12OSN] ooo.org problem

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, James Jensen wrote:

>--- Mella <mellax pm ee> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a little problem with Openoffice.
>>
>> If I use standard installation from K12LTSP, when I do new user, it can
>> start Openoffice without setup and user data splash screen.
>>
>> If I install new ooo.org 1.1RC and I do network setup (./setup -net), I
>> must on every user also run setup.
>> I even tried setup for one user and copy his installation (from
>> ~/.openoffice) to new user home directory (with chmod of course). But if
>> I run ~/.openoffice/soffice, I again get installation screen.
>>
>> So, how I can add users without doing any setup more for openoffice,
>> like in standard K12?
>>
>> Meelis
>
>Easy.  Ask Eric to package up the latest OOo and apt-get it! ;-)

Probably not ;-)

I *may* tweak the "auto-magic" that Red Hat uses to make OOo 1.0.x
work so smoothly so that it works with OOo 1.1.x... that would hold
over all of you how like to be on the bleeding edge until official
packages are released...

>Actually, I'd wait to ask him after the final stable version is ready.
>And, on a more serious note, I don't know what this is going to do to TT
>Fonts...

v1.1 has TT font support, I do believe. I think I saw that the Vera TT
fonts will be the default.

-Eric