Re: [K12OSN] "Linux for Dummies" Book

Nicholas,

> Sorry to keep bugging, but does anyone know whether the "Linux for
> Dummies" book is worth purchasing?

 I'm an absolute newbie but did invest a few $ into the Linux+ course over at
cbtnuggets.com  ... 2 CD's (video), redhat-centered, a 20-something Phd goes
thru many, many items. I'm still absorbing, and reference these babies many
times. Good BBR; these videos are a narration of on-screen things.
Wholeheartedly recommend! I read 100+ pages a day, but *think* in pictures ;)
Hence these worked the best ...
 You can preview a few of their vids, see if it's what may be useful to you.
Skip the intro's, they are 20-second .wav's of the topic, mostly useless.
 http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/videos
 From the Linux+ Series ...
 Intro    Introduction to Using Linux
 Intro    Linux Essentials