[K12OSN] Local Printers

Hello Everyone:

I am trying to setup local printer support on my
clients. Our server is in the computer lab and the
teachers have client boxes. I want to connect a
printer and scanner to the teacher's box so there will
be at least one printer and scanner in every
classroom.

I have configured ltsp to make the local printer work.
My problem is that the local printer works if and only
if you boot the client into runlevel 3. I have only
tested sending text to the printer. When I boot the
computer into X-windows, the local printer doesn't
work with any programs (ex. open office, text editor).
How do I make the local printer work in X-windows?

Once I get the local printer setup, I will be asking
questions on setting up a local scanner. Thanks in
advance.

Chris