Re:[K12OSN] missing GPG key at webmin install

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

>Hi Listers!
>	I tried to install webmin by apt-get and here is what i got for my
>efforts:
>Checking GPG signatures...
>error: webmin_1.100-1_noarch.rpm has invalid or unknown GPG key.
>E: Sub-process /usr/bin/apt-sigchecker returned an error code (1)
>E: Failure running script /usr/bin/apt-sigchecker
>
>suggestions? julius

apt is setup to only install packages signed by known keys.

This is a nice security feature, but it can also cause much grief.

There are two options: 1) import the appropriate GPG key or 2) disable
the forced GPG check.

I found the GPG key for webmin within the webmin RPM (catch 22 ;-) and
put it on my FTP server. The following command will add the appropriate
key to your RPM database:

    rpm --import ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/GPG-keys/webmin.asc

To disable GPG checks in apt, edit /etc/apt/apt.conf and comment out this
line:

	Pre-Install-Pkgs { "/usr/bin/apt-sigchecker"; };

-Eric