[K12OSN] OT sme / e-smith and dansguardian?

Hello all,

Setting up DG and squid was a breeze using latest k12 until I attempted
setting up transparent proxy :-/

School starts in two weeks and time is getting short. (where did the
summer go).

Surfin' around for answers I came across Dungog Networks
http://www.dungog.net/sme/products/index.php

They do customization of e-smith and their implementation of DG looks
interesting.

Anyone here use e-smith and care to chip in their .02?

TIA,
John