Re: [K12OSN] Snapshot backups with rsync

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 12:26, Dean Mumby wrote:
> Implemented this about 6 months ago
>
> Its is amazing how many backups you can get without using more space
>
> Very handy used in conjunction with ssh to backup remote sites

Sorry to get to the party late.  It is also extremely great for backing
up Windows machines.  Install rsync as a server on your
WindowsNT/2000/XP/2003 machines and then just use the scripts to back
them up.  I am doing it here for directories with over 110,000+ files
and it has never hit a hitch.

I can't find the link to the rsync on NT doc, but I have it at work so
if anyone is interested let me know and I will post it.

--
Brent Norris <brent linux wku edu>