Re: [K12OSN] OpenLDAP training or courseware?

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 08:39, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of training or courseware offered covering ldap or
> openldap?  There is precious little formalized information out there, and
> the system's flexibilty is both a blessing and a curse.  What I've learned
> so far has been from the web, this list, and of course the ever-popular
> school of hard knocks :)

I don't know of any courses, but one book I found to be infinitely
useful as I learn ldap, openldap specifically, is "LDAP System
Administration" from O'Reilly. http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ldapsa/ .
Approximately the first half is dedicated to helping you really wrap
your mind around how LDAP works, and the second half describes practical
applications of it, and how to set it up. It is not a perfect resource,
mind you, but it is the most complete and well-written one I have found
yet. Well worth the cover price.
There are also many articles on LDAP at O'Reilly's website that you may
find useful. I find their site tot be one of the places many people
overlook for reference on-line.
--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989