Re: [K12OSN] $169 computer

Mario Guerra wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

Lindows-based computer:

http://www.idot.com/TheStore/Desktop/847Spec.asp?Product.id=847&Cate.id=19

No hard drive - runs off of CD. Would this make a good LTSP workstation?

Jon

Probably, only that you should boot it from diskette or PXE, not the CD.

Mario Guerra

As far as I know it isn't much trouble to put etherboot on a CD if PXE isn't
available. Would no floppy be a problem if CD etherboot is possible?

The question I would have is "Do I have access to the CD drive, can I change out the
CD or is the CD drive hermetically sealed inside the case?".

1) I couldn't really tell from the enlarged picture, and
2) It isn't listed in the "features" section on that web page.

It sounds like an interesting unit if it would support LTSP.

--
Sincerely,
Richard Black