From: Richard Black [mailto:richard black hp com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 2:54 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] $169 computer

Mario Guerra wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
>

>>Lindows-based computer:
>>
>>http://www.idot.com/TheStore/Desktop/847Spec.asp?Product.id=847&Cate.i
>>d=19
>>
>>No hard drive - runs off of CD.  Would this make a good LTSP
>>workstation?
>>
>>Jon
>>

>Probably, only that you should boot it from diskette or PXE, not the
>CD.
>
>Mario Guerra

As far as I know it isn't much trouble to put etherboot on a CD if PXE
isn't
available.  Would no floppy be a problem if CD etherboot is possible?

The question I would have is "Do I have access to the CD drive, can I
change out the
CD or is the CD drive hermetically sealed inside the case?".

1) I couldn't really tell from the enlarged picture, and
2) It isn't listed in the "features" section on that web page.

It sounds like an interesting unit if it would support LTSP.

--
Sincerely,
Richard Black