Re: [K12OSN] $169 computer

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 13:54, Richard Black wrote:

> As far as I know it isn't much trouble to put etherboot on a CD if PXE
> isn't
> available.  Would no floppy be a problem if CD etherboot is possible?

Has anyone tried building a custom knoppix CD so it boots with
the usual great hardware detection but instead of running the
X desktop locally it starts X in query mode?  To get the idea, you
can boot knoppix with "knoppix 2" at the boot prompt to boot to a
shell command prompt, then "X -query server_name" (or "X -broadcast").
This should work on just about any hardware because knoppix is
so good at autodecting everything.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com