Re: [K12OSN] Multiplayer games possible? ("find" syntax)

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 22:14, Shawn Powers wrote:

> > See the "find" man page for details on syntax.  It can be tricky at first.
>
> I use find a lot, and never did know it's syntax...  I just:
>

> find <directory to start from> | grep <what looking for>
>
> ie
>
> find / | grep ozilla
>
> (I often leave the first letter off in case it is capitalized)
>
> find and grep are great bedfellows. :)

    At 0420 each morning, 'updatedb' is run, too; files available at
that time can be found with the 'locate' command:  "locate ozilla" will
have the same effect, and since it uses a file list that's grepped too,
it saves some steps.

    Just keep in mind that files added right now won't show up until 4AM
comes and goes, or you run updatedb again.

    And, it works just fine as a replacement like:

    locate ozilla | grep bin

    ...to see anything in a 'bin' directory that has ozilla in the name.

ICQ  5119262