Re: [K12OSN] Multiplayer games possible? ("find" syntax)

Don't forget 'locate', as in

locate mozilla

which maintains a db of what files are where. Much faster than find.

Petre

Shawn Powers wrote:
 [current dir doesn't matter]
 find / -name "armagetron"

--snip--

See the "find" man page for details on syntax. It can be tricky at first.

I use find a lot, and never did know it's syntax... I just:

find <directory to start from> | grep <what looking for>

ie

find / | grep ozilla

(I often leave the first letter off in case it is capitalized)

find and grep are great bedfellows. :)