Re: [K12OSN] Multiplayer games possible? ("find" syntax)

Yes locate is great and usually gets updated each day. Just remember the "-i" can be used to do a case insensitive search:

locate -i mozilla

Then on finding which RPM contains which library, here's my twist:

Pop in one of the install CDs (or in my case I have the ISO's on my hard drive so I can search them all at once) and run the following command:

for X in `find /var/ftp/pub -type f | grep rpm$`; do rpm -qpl $X 2>/dev/null | grep libparagui >/dev/null 2>&1 && echo -ne "\n$X" || echo -ne '.'; done

(replace libparagui with whatever you happen to be looking for at the time)

Of course if you already have a system that has libparagui installed (which I don't seem to have) try finding it with locate:

locate libparagui

Then find which RPM owns it with the rpm -qf command:

rpm -qf `locate libparagui`

-- Sincerely, Richard Black http://www.cpqlinux.com/sitemap.html