Re: [K12OSN] W2K and samba

What kind of box is acting as the PDC? If it's a Windows box, you might need to add the Samba box to the domain using the smbpasswd command (I forget the parameters you need to add). If the Samba box is in a different domain but is not set to act as a master server in that domain, there may be no machine that is acting as the master server, which is where the list of machines in a domain is kept. Is the Samba server setup to be in the same domain as the W2K box?

Petre

Doug Simpson wrote:
This is driving me nutz!

I am trying to connect a W2K computer to my samba server and it won;t allow it. I have tried everything I know to do and it won't work. It says the domain doesn't exist or can't be contacted.

The computer sees the server when you search by IP but not by name.

Any assistance appreciated!