Re: [K12OSN] W2K and samba

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 12:23, Doug Simpson wrote:
> OK, I enabled wins and it went further but now it says that the account
> being used to join the domain is a machine account and says to use a
> windows account or a local machine account or something like that. . .

Is the windows user name you are using a unix user on the server
and in the smbpasswd file?

> I have W2K machines set up on another server in another building and it
> works fine but this is being a pain!

You don't have to log into samba as a domain controller.  Depending
on the configuration you can log into windows locally, then authenticate
to samba as you map drives. In that case it still makes things easier
if the windows login name is identical to the unix/samba login.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com