[K12OSN] Wine and glibc 2.3, Redhat 9

Greetings from Earth,

I read on winehq that standard binaries do NOT work with glibc 2.3 -- Redhat 9.

Does apt-get install wine really work? I am concerned about installing glibc 2.2 and breaking a very important part of my system. Can both libraries be installed at the same time?

Apparently downloading from CVS and compiling with glibc 2.3 will work with a certain switch set.

Thank you!

John Q Public