Re: [K12OSN] good new Linux book

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Access Systems wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:
> > A good redhat book is redhat linux unleashed as well as the redhat linux
> yup got both of em, and so over the head of a newbie that it would be only
> usefull for a door stop....
>
> the beginner book that I found most usefull was
> "RED HAT LINUX fast and easy""

needed a small part for a computer and wandered by the local CompUSA and
on my way out was passing the book aisle I noticed a New LINUX book, quick
look showed this might be "THE" book.    brought it home and it so far
appears to be the best mid level book I have seen......oh

LINUX POWER TOOLS
Roderick W. Smith
Sybex books
ISBN 0-7821-4226-5

this book has 5 major sections on: Hardware, User Tools, System Admin
tools, Networking tools, Server Tools..

each has dozens of tips tricks and solutions to common problems,, this
isn't a beginner book but it is a step by step how to use the Linux system
better faster easier... this book so far as I can see has only one flaw,
the bloody thing is $49.99 (CDN $79.95)!!!!!!!!!! ouch!

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net