Re: [K12OSN] smp and bigmem kernels?

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 23:07, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>     Where the heck to do you GET machines that'll accept this much
> memory? (I'd also like to find where you get one of those 32-processor
> x86 machines...)

I have a dual Xeon machine which is maxed out with 6GB of RAM. The new
Opteron boards can accept up 16GB if memory serves me. More than 4GB is
pretty common in the range of server hardware that would reside right
below "Big Iron" and right above what most of us can afford. ;)

--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989