[K12OSN] booting off a floppy or cdrom

I'm interested in running some machines in a lab as LTSP clients.  The
rub is that I can't (easily) isolate the lab machines from the
university lan.  Is it possible to boot off a cd or floppy that has a
kernel (that would normally be retrieved via tftp) on it have it get
an IP via DHCP and then connect to a remote server (presumably the
hostname or IP would be hard-coded on the floppy/cd).

In other words, I can put my server on the lan, but want to make no
changes to the lab or network hardware (except putting in a floppy or
cdrom).

Thanks.

--
Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman relaxpc com
+1-415-821-7507 (H)                    +1-415-812-5047 (M)